About the time the Old West was being settled, Sigmund Freud was exploring the frontier of mental health. His techniques, assumptions and theories had great impact on counseling and clinical psychology.
Read these posts (if there are links):
- Sigmund Freud
- History of Psychoanalysis
- Id, Ego & Superego
- Freud’s Stages
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- Compare and contrast the id, ego & superego
- Describe Freud’s psychosocial stages of development
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of psychoanalysis
- Explain how Freud’s theory relates to sexual abuse
Here are the Terms for Freud
Here are Notes on Freud
And now a Quiz about Freud
Before this lesson, what was your impression of Sigmund Freud?
Links to explore