Cognitive Theories include insight (getting hit by lightening), problem solving, thinking and information processing. The focus is on how our thinking (and mis-thinking) impacts our lives.
Read these posts (if there are links):
- Overview of Cognitive Theories
- Aaron Beck
- Albert Ellis
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of cognitive theory
- Compare and contrast Beck & Ellis
- Describe Ellis’ ABC theory
- Describe Beck’s cognitive therapy approach
- Describe Ellis’ cognitive behavioral therapy
Here are the Terms for Cognitive Theories
Here are Notes on Cognitive Theories
And now a Quiz about Cognitive Theories
What irrational beliefs do you still hold onto?